Author Topic: Fuel Trucks  (Read 2291 times)

Bloody

• View Profile
Fuel Trucks
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »
I have been considering the purchase of a fuel  truck but I don't quite understand how the fuel part works so here's my questions.

1. How much fuel comes with the truck?

2. Can the fuel be replenished and if so how?

3. If AI aggro on a base with a fuel truck and it gets shot up, can it lose the fuel in it, and/or can it explode with the force of a small nuclear warhead? (Considering it's me who's writing this, this point is very important especially when it comes to AI helis and their tendency to crash where I don't want them to.)   :-\   :'(  :-\   :'(

If anyone can think of anything I have asked about them please add to this.
It's Arma. You Live, You Die. If You're Not Doing One Or The Other, You're Doing It Wrong.

Del

• Get off my land.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Trucks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
1. A LOT. Seriously, a lot. Dunno how many liters though.
2. Comes full and just needs to get filled at a gas station.
3. They should leak, but it's been a while since I had one. No nuclear, body de-atomizingly devastating explosions as far as I know.

Just start the truck, eject, and fill up whatever is close!
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »
They refill at reset and hold at least 2 helis worth or more. Don't think they leak and they don't need a generator. Just start it and get out with the motor running.

This also touches on the gas pump controversy. The "magic' ones that don't require a fuel tank near them to work that spawn are not actually legal but we aren't enforcing it atm as they are so easy to find. I would think fuel management is one of those things that add to the realism of the server.

Bloody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
Agreed, fuel management is a priority  especially if you have a heli. Their fuel burns pretty quick especially  in the H60 from what I seen. But having a quick  fuel source especially a mobile one seems to be the way to go.
It's Arma. You Live, You Die. If You're Not Doing One Or The Other, You're Doing It Wrong.

Del

• Get off my land.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 10:59:17 PM »
They refill at reset? Isn't that like a regular car's tank filling at reset?
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:12:45 AM »
Actually I think its more like vehicle ammo refilling at reset. Fuel trucks have a vehicle tank too, but as far as I know the fuel level in the big tank doesn't save at reset, so like ammo, the only choices are to spawn completely empty or completely full. Now its been a while since I've ran a fuel truck dry so maybe they changed that at the last update.  If so, it would add to the realism even more  in my opinion to have to refill the truck manually.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:18:45 AM by Sandman »

Bloody

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »
I haven't seen anyway to tell how much is in the big tank, unless the same gas gauge for vehicle fuel is also showing the big tank level, I don't think so though. I'll let you know if I run it out. In game maybe I can fill up all my vehicles and then put a call out for anyone needing fuel to come by, just so we can get a better idea. Doesn't matter much to me directly because so far it's working for what I need. I haven't had a damn heli long enough to run it out of fuel yet....   :-\    >:(    ;D