Author Topic: How do you roll?  (Read 3310 times)

Del

• Get off my land.
    • View Profile
How do you roll?
« on: March 14, 2015, 11:01:24 PM »
I carry a DMR and an M14 pretty much all the time. The benefits are numerous.

Both take the same ammo.
One is good for long distance and the other is good for CQB.
Both are semi-auto.
Both can be used with NVG's.
The DMR has an adjustable zoom. The M14 is sexy.
Their ammo will drop anyone in one shot. You may need to clean them up with another later, but the first shot will basically be a guaranteed knockout.
The DMR's mil dots are absurdly easy to learn, effective against targets almost 1 km away.
They are common on the server and so is the ammo.
You can't sell DMR's. May as well shoot and stockpile it, right?
The M14 is known as the USA's Last Battle Rifle. That is stupid awesome.
The DMR is essentially the M14 with a scope and stands for Designated Marksman Rifle. Also stupid awesome.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:55:52 PM by Del »
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

Jordan

• View Profile
Re: How do you roll?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:24 AM »
I roll with whatever I can grab I have used aks on missions to m107s but like simi auto snipers and lmgs the best
To Be Yourself Forget Yourself And Think Of Others.

DarkAFK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:33 AM »
I usually have a DMR in my bag at all times. Good for when you need to kill a target and don't want to be seen. I also carry around a LMG mostly a Mod 0, rounds are easy to find and you have 100 rounds per box mag. Also the rate of fire is amazing for taking out UAZs and Helis.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:42:16 AM by DarkAFK »

Battles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »
Crossbow and a hatchet. I strive for a challenge! J/K. Good call on the m14, Del. I wasn't aware you could use NVG's with that gun

Bloody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
Usually an M9SD, an lmg and a Mk17 for sniping. But as an add-on to the question, what other items do you carry in your kit?

I will usually have:
Large gun bag
2- Morphine injectors
4-5 bandages
2- painkillers
1-Antibiotic
1-Blood bag
2- Drinks/Meals
1-2 bars of gold for emergency items
 and the necessary ammo.

Edit: This doesn't include the obligatory items in the toolbelt, which took me a while to understand the importance of these items/tools.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:21:21 PM by Bloody »
It's Arma. You Live, You Die. If You're Not Doing One Or The Other, You're Doing It Wrong.

Del

• Get off my land.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »
Not counting my vehicle (so just on my person)

LGB if I'm looting (I think the Coyote looks way cooler!)
5 bandages
2 morphine
2-3 painkillers
1 food, 1 water
120-150
Rangefinders, NVG's, and GPS always.
I fill the belt as much as I can. Never a flashlight, 2 keys Maximum
Rarely an epi-pen, rarely a bloodbag, sometimes antibiotics, sometimes a heat pack
1 BC

That would change if I anticipated being without a car for a very long time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:01:55 PM by Del »
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

Sid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »
I personally favour the M110 as it's effective from 100m to 800m, NVG compatible, and has a decent bullet velocity and fire rate compared to the DMR. For CQB and heli hunting, Mk 48 Mod 0 hands down. Large capacity mag, RDS, and fast rate of fire with controllable recoil in medium to long bursts.

Hippi

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »
You probably know this but I carry a M240 scoped. It can take anything from zeds to a heli. Fantastic for UAZ's.  If you hear the sound of someone that can't come off the trigger, it is most likely me.  If I could only get gems encrusted on my 240, that would complete me! In my backpack is a M110 NV in case I need to shoot at night, but usually reserve the darkness for admin task. Since I don't do many missions, I get great pleasure joining your vehicles with you without warning.  ;D  I think DarkAFK calls this being "Hippijacked".  During all this fun I make keys, rescue people that get on their bike too soon out of the ocean, troll and trap trolls in jail, and keep the peace in Beatnikville. I also fly pickups for Red Mission participants. On Sundays when possible I enjoy organizing player events that are fun for all.  So, from an Admin point of view.... This is how I roll.   ;)

jessyjames

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
 Generally I try to carry a silenced weapon, dont much care for pistols or uzi's. Now that I have my black SUV with the 134 on it i like to open up on that if it gets too "tight".... wasted an uaz and 3 of the 4 by just catching them by surprise with the 134.

Side note - if there is a populated player or area where players are i tend to honk my horn more frequently now to let everyone know I am friendly not a zed or an ai. (MTVR has wicked air horn   ;D)

The Cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
M240 scope
PDW SD
ASUV or Kamaz truck
Venom, osprey, or seahawk
always carry a grenade and a crowbar in case i find a black ammo crate
Oreos are love, Oreos are life, you don't like oreos?
i dont like you

beik

• Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 02:49:53 PM »
M14 with 4 mags, m9sd with 3 mags, 5 bandages, 1 food, 1 drink, 1 morph, 1 painkiller in inventory - DMR in bag with 2 more morph, 1 epi, 1 bloodbag, 1 antibiotic, 2 painkiller, and one or two food / drinks.  Red missions I might carry a few more mags.

I agree with all of Del's details about the M14 / DMR, plus once you figure out the mil - dots on the dmr you're set.  M14 is fast for a semi-auto (there are faster), and if you've rushed the last few AI on red with me you'll know what I mean - bang bang bang, pause bang bang bang etc
laying low in a blood filled trench

beik

• Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 10:57:08 AM »
I was bored this morning and reading thru the threads,  would like to hear what everyone is using now.  Have you changed what you carry?  Are you new, please give us some details.

I'm still running with the same gear, except I havent carried an epi for a while (usually alone), and usually carry one less morph and pain killer.  If it gets that bad I'm usually dead lol.  Don't think I've done a red mission since I've been back tho, interesting that I used to carry a few more...
laying low in a blood filled trench