Author Topic: I can't log in - lots of different errors  (Read 2228 times)

Taatix

• <(0.0<(
    • View Profile
I can't log in - lots of different errors
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:07:19 PM »
Hiya! I used to play a year or two ago with Githadys on the Chernarus map. I wanted to come back and check out the new server and I'm having a lot of trouble logging on.

I installed Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. I installed the DayZ launcher. I found the server and hit connect, which prompted me to download the Overwatch and Epoch mods. I hit connect again after they downloaded and got an error message saying "addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'" and then the game launches.

I've gotten as far as the screen where I choose my spawn point and spawn type, and then I start getting more error messages. A couple that said certain objects cannot be opened. I got one that said  I cannot play the mission because it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. And the last one I got said "no entry" and listed a file name.

I have no idea what to fix. I haven't deleted any DLC for Arma 2 because it's never been installed on this computer. I feel like I'm missing downloads somewhere but I can't figure out what's missing. Help?

Taatix

• <(0.0<(
    • View Profile
Re: I can't log in - lots of different errors
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »
I seem to have fixed everything except the error that keeps popping up in the lobby. It says

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.'.

I tried googling it but google was not helpful. I verified the mods I downloaded and I'm not sure what else to try.

Nathan

• Bush Wookies
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 01:00:01 AM »
Sorry that your having issues, Arma can be very weird when it comes to playing with mods.

_Edge made a extremely helpful guide on installing Arma 2, Arma 2 OA and all of the mods the Napf Overpoch server is running. If your still getting errors about missing addons i highly suggest you go over the guide and make sure you installed and ran everything correctly. Here is the link to the guide http://beatnikbandits.com/forum/index.php?topic=1340.0

I have never personally had the "No entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons" error come up on Arma 2. I have on Arma 3 and it never got in my way, i was able to click "Okay" and get past the error without any issues.

Hope you get everything working, if not let me know and i'll do my best to help.

Taatix

• <(0.0<(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
Well right off the bat I see two things I didn’t do, which was launching the games before trying to connect. ::) whoops. I’ll try that and see if it fixes it!

Hippi

• Just a Beatnik baby, just a Beatnik.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:57:54 AM »
Hey Taat! It’s been a while! Did you get your game sorted? I’m out of town but will be back Thursday evening. I look forward to seeing everyone then! 

Hippi
Peace + Love = Happiness <3