Author Topic: Towing  (Read 1351 times)

LTaylor^

• View Profile
Towing
« on: December 21, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
Driving a mission car and towing an ATV or another mission car doesn't work very well.  The towed vehicle kept coming off the rope...over and over.  Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Towing
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »
Sorry you're having problems, Taylor. I'm wondering if other people are having these issues for the sake of diagnosis. I have towed multiple vehicles across the map on several occasions in combinations of mission vehicles and of mission and player vehicles myself without any issues. That being said, it may be only because the antihack lets me. And idea to try, is to drive the vehicles a bit so you get the "ownership prompt" before you tow them. It might be that the antihack is trying to keep you from "stealing".

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
Ok, a few other players are having the same issue so I turned the vehicle anti-theft off for now to see if that makes any difference. I would still drive or at least get into the drivers seat of any vehicle to tow anyway.

Nathan

• Bush Wookies
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 05:57:49 AM »
I also had the same issue. in my case it was a mission offroad i was towing with another mission offroad, the one i was towing had the mission crate in the back. At first i thought maybe i was going to fast but after a while i found the truck i was towing was desyncing and that would cause the truck to fall behind and "snap" the rope. It didn't matter the speed even going 10kmh it would still snap. This issue was about 3 days ago and it was my first time towing. I will try to see if i can tow with the changes that were made.

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:46:51 AM »
Thanks for the input, Nathan. I recently logged in as non admin and towed a train of vehicles 5k without a hitch.  They were a hatchback, attached to a mission armed off-road with a crate and my personal atv in the back all towed by a mission ural. The bug seems to affect some players, but not others, and I do believe that it is indeed desync that is snapping the ropes.  What is causing the desync is the issue.

One thing to make sure of, if you aren't already, is that none of the tow ropes used are for any vehicle that is loaded onto another. It is easy to get the ropes, of say, an atv in the back of an offroad by accident and attach them to a towed car. You do this, it isn't going to end well. Always try to use the largest vehicle to tow with, and if possible, carry the most load in the driven vehicle and make sure the only tow ropes used are from vehicles that are actually on the ground.

Edit: I finally hadit happen to me a couple of times. I was towing a crippled armed offroad with an atv (both pinned vehicles) and it detached twice on me. First time i just picked up the ropes and re-attached and it came off soon again. Second time i stowed the ropes and re-deployed and continued without an issue. Still researching. but I haven't found any fixes yet.

This is a very capable, but apparently somewhat temperamental tow system. Its the only one that I know of that will let you tow multiple vehicles legitimately but compensates for vehicle weight and limits exploits. It worked flawlessly on the old Extreme server and I really hope to get the bugs out now. thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:47:45 AM by Sandman »

Nathan

• Bush Wookies
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
Last night i also had another issue with the towing system, I was towing a mission Sport Hatchback with my offroad that i bought and not even 10 seconds of towing it and the Hatchback locks in place and the rope snaps and i turn around to try and attach it back to my truck and before i even have time to turn around the Hatchback disappears, I did have mission gear in the Hatchback but it wasn't much so it didn't really bother me at the time. I thought i would just leave this here just in case someone else has a similar problem to mine. I have a clip of the Hatchback disappearing here https://youtu.be/UdUp6hh6NJI

Stillnyte

• In Exile you either Survive or Die Tryin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 09:38:45 PM »
Last night i also had another issue with the towing system, I was towing a mission Sport Hatchback with my offroad that i bought and not even 10 seconds of towing it and the Hatchback locks in place and the rope snaps and i turn around to try and attach it back to my truck and before i even have time to turn around the Hatchback disappears, I did have mission gear in the Hatchback but it wasn't much so it didn't really bother me at the time. I thought i would just leave this here just in case someone else has a similar problem to mine. I have a clip of the Hatchback disappearing here https://youtu.be/UdUp6hh6NJI

Hey Nathan, when you get a chance try using the Van(Open) from the vehicle trader instead. I haven't encountered any issues with towing compared to the Pickup Trucks and honestly, it's just better than the trucks.  Also, the Van(Open)holds more and it's more stable and not so floaty like the Pickup Trucks although it's not as fast but with how the controls are, I call that a blessing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:42:48 PM by Stillnyte »
"What? No I didn't throw a grenade at your feet. Why am I behind a rock wall? Oh, no particular reason I just like rock walls."

- Unknown

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
This should be fixed now, guys.

Nathan

• Bush Wookies
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for all of your work Sandman!