Author Topic: Wanted! Server Event Ideas!  (Read 1454 times)

Hippi

• Just a Beatnik baby, just a Beatnik.
    • View Profile
Wanted! Server Event Ideas!
« on: November 26, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
That's right, Beatniks! We are taking suggestions and ideas for new events to be held on Napf! Don't be shy, jump on in and comment below and let's see what we can come up with!!

See you in the game,

Hippi
Peace + Love = Happiness <3

dannyliux

• View Profile
Re: Wanted! Server Event Ideas!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
I think this was done once or twice before, but I'd really like to see motor racing as a server event. With all that twisty mountain roads and complex city street layouts, we can easily put together a 'rally stage' or street circuit, get some racing cars or bikes, and have some fun.

Hippi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
I like this, Danny. We can do a cross country race. Great suggestion! I will think on it. Yall keep those ideas coming! Winter time is event time on the weekends!  :)

Krauser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 04:49:48 PM »
I think this was done once or twice before, but I'd really like to see motor racing as a server event. With all that twisty mountain roads and complex city street layouts, we can easily put together a 'rally stage' or street circuit, get some racing cars or bikes, and have some fun.

On the subject of rally racing and racing events in general. Corner cutting comes to mind when talking about unfair racing (pssst I'm a dirty corner cutter too).
I think some adjustments need to be made to promote fair play.

Not using the Nissan 350z. I know it is a thrill to both watch and drive this beast. However, it is as fast on dirt as it is on asphalt which makes corner cutting a breeze.

Set up a checkpoint system. This comes in the form of an arch or a gate. Players have to go through the checkpoint. Miss 1 checkpoint = 1 penalty. 1 penalty = 1 second of 'full stop and go' at the 'penalty area'. This 'penalty area' is located near to the finish line. Fail to serve penalty = disqualification. Penalties can stack.

Mix and match. Without the Nissan, it's not as fun. Without the checkpoints, one guy will go on a straight line from start to finish. With both: not enough freedom. Without both: chaos.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:53:08 PM by Krauser »

dannyliux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:52 PM »
I agree with Krauser, although I think for races with dirt roads the Nissan would be necessary or else we'd all be crawling for the whole race (unless it's a motorcycle/ATV trial). I remeber the last time we had a race on Cherno organised by Edge, he used buses to block off the roads, so we could use that to mark checkpoints and as barriers to prevent corner cutting. He also followed the race in a chopper to provide live commentary, so that could be used to monitor the drivers as well.
I've got quite a few ideas for some tracks and routes, gonna go do some recce and post them here later.

dannyliux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:56:26 PM »
Some tracks I came up with

The Sissach-Liestal Circuit, clockwise with start/finish at Sissach. Easy and straightforward, but the Eastern hilly section and the corners in Liestal keep it interesting.

The Lenzburg Street Circuit, anti-clockwise with start/finish around Lenzburg Trader. Fun circuit with a good number of corners.

The 'Nordschring', streched across the streets of Luzern, Wolhusen, and Emmen. Anti-clockwise with start/finish at Wolhusen. Not much room for mistakes here since you're bound to hit something if you go off.

The Rorenpass Hillclimb, starting near the coast at Goldwill and ending in the town of Sorenberg. Challenging mix of bumpy coastal roads, fast straights, hairpin bends, cliffs and drops, and many opportunities to get some air. Mistakes can be fatal.

All the courses here are road courses, no dirt tracks for now.

MutantPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »
How about something like dart tag?  I know something like it was tried with tranquilizer bolts and crossbows, but not sure how well it worked out.

Also, a steal the bacon type run, but use helicopters and a truck as the bacon.  Airlift the truck and get it back to a goal.

Hippi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
These are awesome! Keep the ideas coming! This Sunday after the 12 noon central reset we will be doing something. Most likely a race across country. So, Be there or be square, Beatniks!!!

gunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »
We have had "Demolition Derby" event "Cross country race" event, everything is vehicle related. So now we should make a "Parkour" event with Obstacle Course, kinda like the TV show "Wipe Out". Me and Krauser have some idea, we can build a demo in the server for everyone to try, if Hippi permit us, and it will stay there, so we can held this event annually without having to rebuild the course.

Autophagy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
I think a pure zombie survival event may be fun where team work is key. Limited ammo, limited weapon choice, and a small building of some kind to defend. Ever increasing waves of running zombies until ammo is low and beatniks are forced to engage with melee.

robert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
I was reading through a post left by The Cookie and was reminded of a PvP event an old PvE server used to host. Every so often they would announce a tournament and give players 30 minutes to reach the waiting area. The actual course was walled off with H barriers so players couldn't get in or out.  A special building would be spawned in for the event(construction site worked great for this) and removed shortly afterward. Usually, it would take place in a small town to give players buildings to move through and take cover. Players in the waiting area would be put into balanced teams based on humanity scores and then dropped at opposite ends of the makeshift arena. Each player could respawn one time in the arena if they died and the event lasted until the last man standing. Winning MVP got a nice prize(brief, walls, etc), winning team gets something for their victory(30oz gold, misc building supplies, etc), and losing team got something for participating(10oz gold, offroad, etc). Player inventories were restored after the event when they spawned back in the waiting area so nobody would cry about losing their amazing guns or vehicle keys. It was a fun way to have a safe PvP experience and really brought the community together. I'm sure it would be a lot of work to get started but I would love to see something like this again.

Stillnyte

• In Exile you either Survive or Die Tryin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »

Hey guys! I hope you guys are still taking server event ideas even though I can't join due to PC issues with high demanding games melting my PC(I'm due for a massive upgrade at the end of this year I'll be back by then, count on it)but I wanted to contribute to my fellow Beaniks.

So, I know Racing is a popular Server Event so I wanted to suggest something more intense. Have two even teams of people, each team has their own Black Mission they need to complete before the other team completes theirs. Obviously, these missions take a large amount of time so before reset, the team with the least amount of A.I's at their mission will win by default.

Now, I said that is was going to be intense so here's the catch: Each bandit you kill adds one point to your bandit kills total, get enough bandit kills and you can request to send a bandit hit squad to the other team. Although, for the sake of fairness, each team member can call in a hit squad only once per life and remember, that it goes both ways, so expect some Karma!

What're your thoughts?

"What? No I didn't throw a grenade at your feet. Why am I behind a rock wall? Oh, no particular reason I just like rock walls."

- Unknown