Author Topic: Servers........  (Read 1751 times)

Hitmanjoe

• View Profile
Servers........
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »
How do I get into the extreme server?  I would like to join in and play.  I enjoy the way you guys run your servers.  I, and my friends, were playing on tanoa and now you guys shut it down.  We are now left with no server because we are not whitelisted on the extreme server and the other server is shutdown.  I know you guys have the other map but we dont want to play it because its too easy.  The extreme server sounds right up our alley except we can not join.  You guys keep hinting that this is not a minimum requirement donation server but that helps.  I would like to join but dont have the money to donate, so where does that leave me??

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Servers........
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the Tanoa server Hitman, but servers cost money and time to keep running and unfortunately we had too many expenses and had to cut back. Extreme is what is known as a dev server and there is customarily a minimum fee involved to play in a dev server. 

The ArmA3 developers don't allow pay to win, but they do allow server owners to charge an admission. It's kind of ironic that players that would cheerfully and regularly shell out some not too shabby bucks to buy and replace vehicles in other games, would hesitate to pay a fraction of that amount to subscribe to a really cool server where they have virtually unlimited access to even better vehicles and some finely-tuned, kick-ass AI to use them on.

Hitman, if and when you and your buds are serious about subscribing, get with Hippi to find out if you meet the requirements.

On the other hand, Beatniks Altis is still free for you to play, although all donations are appreciated, and will go to help keeping the servers running.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:58:26 AM by Sandman »