Author Topic: The Big Picture  (Read 1876 times)

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Big Picture
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »
   Hello fellow Beatniks, I want to welcome all our special players (you know who you are <3 ), to our premium content white-listed dev server.  With this server, I hope to give our players a little "thank you" in return for supporting us all these years. 

What we are striving for, is a completely different level of game-play, with more powerful weapons and armed vehicles available, with less restriction in general as to how they are used. Another goal is to achieve a balance and insure that neither the player weaponry nor that of the AI are OP.

There will be some leveling-up involved with the more powerful weapons becoming available as your respect grows, but the missions are ripe with loot and sell-able vehicles abound. The AI are better equipped, but so are the players, especially when the upper levels of respect are achieved. At first it may be better to travel cross-country, but once one gets the respect for the big guns, this will change

Anyway, I want to thank all who participate in this project, and feel free to leave comments and ideas concerning the server.

Thanks,

Sand
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:39:20 AM by Sandman »

Shovel

• View Profile
Re: The Big Picture
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:09:15 PM »
Been playing on there the last few days, everything is lookin awesome sand :o. and great big Thanks to you and Hippi for all that you guys do ;D

BooneDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:56 PM »
This is definitely the definition of extreme. Nice work and thank you.

Purgey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:00:07 PM »
So, as I am not a member I assume I am to stay out and remain on the Tanoa server instead, which is perfectly acceptable. I'm only asking so I do no bother anyone unduly.

Del

• Get off my land.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:02 PM »
Hey Purgey,

While you are right, the server will also kick players out automatically. Thanks!
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:22:19 AM »
 What is the definition of "member"? Is it long time established players, or those that provide financial support or something?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 08:52:23 AM by Sandman »

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:51:49 AM »
Hi Bob,

The answer to both questions is : Yes- sort of.  It's more of players in good standing and of course donations are always appreciated. The server requires very minimal admining. This is by design and is working well. Players have access to powerful weaponry that can cause significant mischief and as such, there is some screening involved. Get with Hippi and let her fill you in on the details.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:42:17 PM by Sandman »

bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 10:45:23 AM »
Well, I hope I somehow survive the screening process, it sounds like fun. I'll try and grab hold of her on a quiet day, when there's not much going on. See what the score is. Don't delete my character though if you can help it, because I made 2k tabs before reset and theres a tractor with my name on it.

Sandman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 10:01:30 AM »
Glad you are aboard, Bob, hope you enjoy the server.

Just to clarify for everybody, this is what is usually known in the field as a "dev" server. While we are not requiring a minimum donation amount, most dev servers charge a monthly fee for access to gameplay and items not available on standard servers. Dev servers require a lot more attention and work from the owner's side so the donation offsets the labor a bit.

Bohemia prohibits us from selling vehicles or other items that will give players an advantage in the game, but they do allow server owners to require donations to play on a server.  We do hope that players that enjoy the server will continue to throw a few bucks our way to help support all our servers and to keep the enthusiasm there to keep Extreme and all our servers fresh and fun.

Unfortunately we don't actually have a "try before you buy it" program as pretty much all the players on the new server have donated in the past out of generosity and were automatically qualified for a trial period. This shouldn't be a problem as pretty much all of our players come up from the Beatniks public servers, so if they like it there they are sure to love it in Extreme and donations, as we all know, should come from the pure love for the game.  :)

Thanks,

Sand
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:54:23 AM by Sandman »